Roblox is a popular online gaming platform that is specifically introduced to satisfy all the gaming requirements of gamers. It is dedicated to providing them a chance to design their own game. Besides, it also let them launch that game for others to play and join with them.
This app has planned the future of online gaming by offering a real-world scene to the gamer. Despite being a famous, robust, and well-structured online gaming platform, recently gamers have started to face certain errors like Roblox error code 277.
This error prevents them from maintaining a decent connection with the server. If you are also struggling with the same error, then you can follow the article given below. Here, we are about to discuss some easy hacks that can help you to troubleshoot this error on your own.
What is Roblox Error 277?
Roblox error code 277 appears when the Roblox game becomes separated from the server. Earlier, there were certain reports about this error code. But lately, there is an unusual enhancement in the number of Roblox players. Therefore, the servers have started facing a lot of stress. But, the developers have done only a little to resolve this problem.
This error is not restricted to the mobile version of the game. It can also happen on Xbox One, iOS, Android, Windows, and even macOS. Roblox hasn’t published any official fixes to solve the error code 277. But, nothing to get worried about because this guide can help you to resolve this problem within a few times.
Know the Causes Behind the Error Code 277 Roblox: Why This Error Occur?
We completely investigated this error by reviewing the user’s complaints and we have come up to the conclusion that the Roblox error code 277 can occur due to a lot of reasons. Some of them are given below:
- If the Roblox server is under maintenance, then you can lose connection with the game server.
- If you haven’t updated the web browser for a long time or if any important ports have not opened the Settings of the browser, then it also might be the reason behind this error.
- Sometimes, due to the frequency of the router, you can also face this issue. If the router isn’t operating at 5 GHz frequency, then there is a possibility that you will face this error.
So, you are aware of the probable reasons behind the Roblox error code 277. Now, you can try the solutions we are going to provide in the further section of this guide.
If you ever come across the Roblox error code 277 while playing games on the Roblox platform that is linked to connectivity, then it also might be a temporary error and you can fix it just by performing a restart of the router.
Moreover, you will have to ensure that the Roblox servers are working in a proper state in order to confirm that there are no problems from your side. To make sure that there are no problems on your end, you can apply the steps given below:
- First of all, remove the power adapter of the router from the power socket and wait for a few seconds until the device shuts down completely.
- After waiting a few times, reboot the device by attaching the power cable back to the power outlet.
- Next, log in to the system with admin privilege and then open the web browser installed on your computer. Then, visit the official website of Down Detector.
- Thereafter, if you have come across the error notification ‘No Problems at Roblox’ under the name of Roblox, then it indicates that there are no problems with the server.
- So, if the Roblox server is operating in a proper way, then open the game and then ensure that you are not blocked from the Roblox platform.
After applying these steps, if you see that the Roblox error code 277 still persists, then you can move on to the hacks that we have listed below.
What to do to Troubleshoot Roblox Error Code 277?
There are infinite methods to mitigate this problem. Here, we are going to provide some of them. You can try them one-by-one to check which one can be beneficial for you.
Fix 1: Update the Web Browser
Google provides updates of the Google Chrome browser frequently in which it fixes the errors that were present in the previous version. Moreover, with the release of the latest version, it also includes a lot of features. You might face the Roblox error code 277 if you are using an outdated browser. So, updating the browser can help you to terminate this problem. You can do this by following the steps given below:
- In the beginning, launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Then, move the cursor to the upper right pane of the screen and then tap on the three-dot icon.
- Pick Help from the list of available options.
- Choose the ‘About Google Chrome’ option from the next page.
- Thereafter, it will start searching for the latest version automatically.
Wait for a few seconds until it completes the updating process. Once it completes the updating process, you can reopen the browser to check whether the Roblox error 277 is solved.
Fix 2: Run Roblox in Compatibility Mode
Compatibility mode can help the OS to function in a proper way. So, you can try running Roblox in compatibility mode to check whether it helps you to solve this error. For that, you can stick to the steps given below:
- First, right-click on the Roblox icon and then pick Properties.
- Next, go to the Compatibility tan and then tick the ‘Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for’ from the next page.
- Afterward, choose a Windows version that is older than the OS.
- Save the changes by tapping on the Apply option.
Now, you can check if the Roblox error code 277 is solved. Else, you can move on to the other ways stated below.
Fix 3: Remove the Log Files
Logs files are responsible to maintain the data of several events either those are related to any application or software. Sometimes, this data gets damaged and causes malfunction. So, deleting these temp files and log files can help you to fix this error. So, you can perform the below steps in order to solve this error:
- In the beginning, follow the path “Local Disk(C:) > Users > HP > AppData > local > Roblox > logs”.
- Select all the files located on that page and then right-click on the folders. Pick the Delete button from the options.
- After that, you can navigate back to the Roblox folder. Then, delete the folder named by ‘GlobalBasicSettings_13’.
- Next, Go to the location “Local Disk(C:) > Users > HP > AppData > local > Temp”.
- Now, select all the folders and files located there. Delete them from the system.
Note: The directory name might differ on your computer.
After doing this, you can close the system and apply the changes by restarting the computer. Check whether the error is troubleshot.
Fix 4: Change the Network
If you are trying to attach with the same network each time while playing Roblox, then there might be a possibility that there are certain issues with the network you are attempting to connect with.
You should try to attach to another network before starting the game. But, if you don’t have another network present at your place, then you can create a fresh new hotspot by using your mobile data. Then, connect it to the hotspot of your mobile.
Additional Tips: You might also face this error due to signal problems of your current location. If you are playing this game in any part of your house where you are not getting a strong Internet connection, then you can install a Wi-Fi Extender. It can help you in order to boost the Internet signals of your home.
After doing this, if you see that the Roblox error 277 is still unresolved, then you can perform the other ways given below.
Fix 5: Apply Port Forwarding
Port Forwarding is an excellent mechanism where a network address is transposed to redirect a connection request from one port number to another. Roblox requires some required ports to be unlocked to function in a proper way. If you are unable to open these ports in your router, then you will have to ensure that you have launched them by performing the steps provided below:
- First and foremost, move the cursor to the search bar located on the Taskbar. Then, open the ‘Command Prompt’ window to proceed.
- Enter the command “ipconfig” in the command line and then hit the Enter key from the keyboard in order to execute the command.
- Scroll down the page until you will get a setting for Default Gateway under Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Next, copy the default IP gateway IP address of the router and then paste it by going to the search bar of the browser. It will open Internet Settings.
- After that, click twice on the ‘Port Forwarding’ category in order to open it. Go to the Server IP Address bar and then type the IP address of the system.
- Thereafter, you will have to set the External Port End and External Port Start as 65535 and 49152 respectively. Then, set the Protocol as UDP.
After doing this, lastly, power cycle the router. Then, try to launch the game once again to check whether the error code 277 Roblox is resolved or not. Else, you can perform a system restore to solve this error.
Fix 6: Perform a System Restore
System restore is an inherent feature fixed in Windows OS that offers the user a chance to revert back the system’s state to a previous version. So, you can restore the system to a point where you were able to play Roblox without any problem. To do this, you can apply the tricks given below:
- In the beginning, go to the Taskbar and then tap on the search button.
- Type “restore point” in the search box and click on the ‘Create a restore point’ button.
- After that, choose the ‘System Restore’ option from the next page.
- Thereafter, tap on the Next button.
- Now, you will be prompted to choose a Restore Point that was working well before you facing this problem.
- Lastly, tap on the Next button followed by the Finish button.
As a result, it will revert back your computer to a state when you were able to play the game. So, now, you can try launching the game to check whether the Roblox error code 277 is eliminated or not. Else, you can try the other ways provided below.
Fix 7: Run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Program compatibility troubleshooter is another feature that has the ability to scan the applications or programs of the system and fixes the compatibility issues related to the apps by itself. If you are facing the error code 277 Roblox on your Windows 10 computer then you can run the program compatibility troubleshooter to get rid of it. For that, you can perform the steps as follows:
- Go to the Taskbar and then look for Run program that is made for earlier versions of Windows.
- Afterward, tap on the Next button. Now, the system will start scanning for potential problems with the apps. Wait for a few seconds until the system completes the scanning procedure.
- Next, locate the Roblox client and then tap on the dropdown button. Tap Next.
- Thereafter, choose the Troubleshooting option followed by the Next button.
- Wait for a few more seconds until it completes the troubleshooting process.
Now, close the window and then check if the Roblox error 277 still persists. Else, you can enable dual-band on your router to see if it can benefit you to troubleshoot this problem.
Fix 8: Enable Dual-Band on your Router
Dual-band Wi-Fi routers are the device that has the ability to operate on both frequencies i.e 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz. If you are utilizing the device to operate on 2.5 GHz, then there is a big chance of facing Roblox error code 277. So, you can solve this issue by configuring the router at 5 GHz and check if the problem has gone. You can enable dual-band on your router by following the steps provided below:
- Go to the Start menu and type “command prompt”. Tap on the ‘Command Prompt’ button dispensing as the search list.
- Then, type the common “ipconfig” in the Command line. Execute the command by hitting the Enter key from the keyboard.
- On the next page, scroll down the list of options under the Wi-Fi or Ethernet section until you find a setting for the Default Gateway.
- Thereafter, copy the Default Gateway IP address of the device and then paste the IP address in the search bar of the browser. It will open the Internet Settings.
- Tap on the Wireless button located at the left pane of the next screen and then choose the Advanced option from the list.
- Next, go to the right pane of the screen and then click on the Band option. Set it to 5 GHz. Click on the Apply button.
Wait for a few minutes and then reboot the router to ensure that it started working with the new settings. After doing this, if the error code 277 Roblox is still disturbing you, then you can deactivate the ad blocker that also might be the reason behind this culprit.
Fix 9: Disable the Add-Blocker
Ad-Blocker is a browser extension that is integrated into a web browser and blocks ads as per your requirements. If the ad blocker is activated on your browser, then it also might trigger the Roblox error code 277. Therefore, proceed to the below steps and disable the add-blocker in order to get rid of this error:
- First of all, launch the Chrome browser and then open a new tab.
- Go to the upper right pane of the screen and then tap on the three-dots icon.
- Pick the ‘More Tools’ button from the list of available options.
- Now, go to the Extensions option and click on it.
- Next, locate the AdBlock button from the next page.
- Tap on the Toggle option in order to deactivate the browser extension if it’s already activated.
After that, exit from the web browser and then launch the game once again to check if the Roblox error code 277 is fixed.
After trying all the aforementioned ways if you are still struggling with Roblox error code 277, then you can try the below methods to troubleshoot the error:
- Reset Internet options of your computer
- Using in-built Repair Tool of Roblox application
- Utilize a VPN
- Activate Airplane mode on your mobile device
- Pass the Roblox game through a strong firewall
- Reinstall Roblox
After trying once of these ways, you will definitely be able to troubleshoot the Roblox error code 277 on your own.
These are the 9 simplest ways to troubleshoot the Roblox error code 277. All the solutions mentioned in the above guide are foolproof and already helped so any affected users to get rid of this issue. To get the best and immediate result, you will have to make sure that you have applied the above solutions in their appropriate order as they are given. We hope, anyone of the above ways will definitely help you to ease up this Roblox pain.