Sky Go is a famous UK-based video streaming platform that has become one of the most used entertainment options throughout the globe. This app lets you watch your preferred shows or movies on your laptop, tablet, or mobile with ease.
You can experience your on-demand or live shows or movies by just having an active internet connection. The installation process of the Sky Go application is quite easy and simple that can be performed within a few minutes.
But, if you are looking for how to install Sky Go on Firestick, then you have just arrived at the right page. Here in this guide, we are about to discuss some easy tips and tricks that can help you to install Sky Go on Amazon Fire Stick. So, let’s start.
What is Sky Go? What are the Special Features of Sky Go?
Sky Go is an outstanding video streaming service provider that permits you to experience any kind of video content from Sky TV. Moreover, you will don’t require to spend a single amount of money to enjoy content on your preferred devices.
But, for that, you will have to be a Sky TV user. Along with this, you can also download and enjoy TV shows and movies on your Firestick device as per your needs. The downloading options that will open to you completely depend on the Sky TV subscription you are using.
With just having an active internet connection, you will be able to watch the videos on your Firestick or other preferred devices. However, this platform also provides you access to the latest news updates, entertainment, sporting events on any of your devices whatever you use.
You can also enjoy Live TV shows on this program – but, it also depends on what subscription you have on Sky TV.
Features of Sky Go
Sky Go streaming platform comes with a lot of exciting features. You can also get these features by using Sky Go on Firestick device. However, some of the exciting features of Sky Go are:
- Sky TV allows you to enjoy videos wherever and whenever you like to watch.
- You can stream from a broad range of entertainment channels such as Dave, MTV, Fox, Comedy Central, etc.
- As a user of Sky TV, you can Sky TV live shows or your on-demand videos depending on your subscription. For this, you don’t need to pay any additional charges.
- This platform lets you stream from more than 73 live TV channels that you have subscribed to such as Sky Arts 1, Sky Atlantic, and so many others.
- Stream sports content from channels of Sky Sports such as Eurosport, Sky Sports F1, etc on your Amazon Firestick device.
- This platform has the support of 9 separate kids channels such as Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, etc.
- You can download your preferred films or TV programs to view offline. You can watch the downloading contents on up to 4 other devices. For that, it is essential to have a subscription to Sky Go Extra.
However, you can’t get Sky Go right from the App Store of Amazon as it is not created officially yet. Therefore, if you wish to experience all of its features, then you can sideload Sky Go on Firestick.
Tricks to Install Sky Go App on Firestick
As we mentioned earlier, the Sky Go application isn’t available officially on the Amazon Store. That is specifically why you will have to opt for another method to install Sky Go on Amazon Fire Stick. Henceforth, you will have to place an advanced VPN on the Amazon Firestick device just before going to Sky Go Firestick.
Why do you require a VPN to get Sky Go on Firestick Device?
Firestick application is one of the most famous videos streaming platforms used y a lot of users throughout the globe. There is a lot of applications available for Firestick device – but, some exclusive applications can be accessed only via side loading. These applications might have some copyrighted contents that are unsafe.
Furthermore, the IP address of your device can be tracked by your Internet Service Provider with ease. So, there is a possibility of falling private online. You can utilize a VPN service to get rid of these problems. VPN service can also help you to get rid of geographically-based limitations.
There are a lot of VPN providers available in today’s tech market. It is recommended to utilize NordVPN or ExpressVPN. These are the most secure as well as the fastest VPN services that provide you great security while streaming content.
Whenever you are going to utilize third-party installers, you will have to turn the application ON from the Unknown Sources feature. For that, you can apply the steps as follows:
- First of all, locate the Settings icon on the Home display and tap on that.
- After that, select the ‘Devices’ or ‘My Fire TV’ option.
- On the next screen, select the ‘Developer Options’ option.
- Next, choose ‘Apps’ by going to the ‘Unknown Sources’ tab.
- Lastly, tap on the Turn On button from the Confirmation display.
After applying these prerequisite steps to get the Sky Go app on Firestick, you can perform any one of the methods described below:
Method 1: Direct Download
Before going to perform any complicated methods, first, try direct download Sky Go on Firestick method by following the steps mentioned below:
- In the beginning, open Firestick on your TV. Then, go to the upper pane of the screen and tap on the ‘Magnifying glass’ or Search icon.
- Next, enter “sky go” by utilizing the virtual keyboard and tapping on the Search button. As a result, you will see a lot of options appear on the screen.
- Locate the ‘Sky Go’ option from the list and then tap on it. Thereafter, go to the Application section and then tap on the Get button.
- Once you tap on it, it will start downloading the application. Once it completes the downloading process, you can tap on the Open option.
After applying these steps, if you are still unable to enjoy Sky Go Firestick, then you can perform the other methods stated below.
Method 2: Using Downloader Application
The installation of Sky Go on Firestick can be executed by using the Downloader application. But, if you don’t have this application on the system, then first, install it on your Firestick device and then perform the steps provided below:
- First and foremost, open the Settings of your Firestick device.
- Navigate to the ‘My Fire TV’ category. If you are unable to locate this, then choose Device.
- Next, move the cursor to the ‘Developer Options’ option and click on it.
- On the upcoming page, you will be able to see the ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ option. This is disabled by default. So, turn it On by clicking on it.
- Before turning the ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ option On, it will show a warning pop-up notification. You can tap on the ‘Turn On’ button from the pop-up box.
- Thereafter, launch the Downloader application on the Fire TV Stick. Then, type the URL (https://bit.ly/3p1M35u) of the Sky Go app. Tap on the Go option.
- Now, wait for a few seconds until the Sky Go application is downloading on the device. After finishing the downloading process, it will open the installation screen by itself.
- Hit the Install key in order to commence the installation procedure. Once you complete the establishment method, hit on the Open key.
Now, you can check whether you have got the Sky Go app on Firestick. If you succeed, then the Sky Go application will open on your Firestick device and make you able to stream your preferred channels. But, if you are still unable to get Sky Go on Firestick, then you can try out the other methods described below.
Method 3: Using ES File Explorer
As we mentioned earlier, the Sky Go application isn’t officially available on the Amazon Store. So, you will have to download this application from 3rd-party sources. Downloader application is not available in some areas – so, here we are going to utilize ES File Explorer to install Sky Go on Firestick. For that, you can apply the below steps:
- First, perform the first 5 steps from Method 2 in order to enable the ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ option.
- Afterward, you will have to launch the ES File Explorer application on your Amazon Firestick device. Hit the Downloader button in order to initiate the download.
- Tap on the ‘+New’ button from the bottom of the display in order to add the download URL.
- Thereafter, input the Sky Go Apk download URL “https://bit.ly/3p1M35u”. Then, change the name to “Sky Go”.
- Start the downloading process by tapping on the ‘Download Now’ button. Once you finish the downloading process, tap on the ‘Open File’ button.
- Next, Hit the Install key from the installation screen. It will open the Sky Go Apk file under the Firestick installation screen.
- Tap on the Install button once again and wait for a few seconds. After completing the installation process, tap on the Open button to launch the Sky Go application.
Now, you have successfully completed the establishment procedure of the Sky Go app on Firestick. You can apply these steps to all models of Amazon Fire TV devices. If you face any problems while performing these steps, then you can perform the next method stated below.
Method 4: Using Aptoide TV
Aptoide TV is another biggest 3rd-party app store that has a lot of applications to offer. It also can be utilized as an alternative option to Google PlayStore. It’s one of the quickest as well as the easiest methods to sideload Sky Go on Firestick. So, to install the Sky Go app on Firestick, you can proceed with the steps given below:
First of all, launch the Open the Downloader application on your Amazon Firestick device. After that, type the URL (https://bit.ly/3p1M35u) of the Aptoide TV Apk. Then, tap on the GO button and wait a few times until it completes the downloading process.
After completing the downloading process, it will navigate you to the installation screen by itself. So, hit the Install option. Once you finish the installation process, tap on the Open button in order to open the app.
Now, you will get a warning pop-up notification on the screen. Tap on the Delete button. As a result, it will start to download the apk file as you no longer require that. Click on Delete. It will confirm the action.
Afterward, hold the Home key from the remote of your Firestick device until the shortcut of your Apps Library opens. Go to the Apps category and then go to the bottom of the screen. Locate the Aptoide TV application and choose it.
After opening the application tap n the Search button located at the upper pane of the display. Then, type “Sky Go” in the input field and tap on the Next button from the bottom of the display.
Choose the Sky Go application from the search outcomes. Thereafter, tap on the Install button in order to install the application on your Firestick device.
Now, you can check whether you have got the Sky Go on Firestick.
That’s it. Now, it is time to conclude this guide. All the methods described in the above guide are foolproof and have already helped so many users to get Sky Go on Firestick. We hope it will also help you to enjoy your preferred Sky Go shows on your Amazon Firestick device.