Lots of Mac users have recently reported an issue with the printer connection. According to them, when they try to print anything, an error message saying “ Printer is Not Connected on Mac” pops up on the display and as a result, they are unable to print anything.
If you see the printer is not connected error message on your Mac device, don’t panic. Thoroughly check out the guide and solve the issue within a flicker of time.
Dealing with Printer is Not Connected on Mac? Try These Fixes
If you see “The printer is not connected” error message while trying to print anything on your Mac device. Apply the given solutions:
Solution 1: Cross-Check the Printer Connection
If you are dealing with the printer not connecting to Mac, the first thing that you have to do is to search for printer and computer connectivity issues. Check out the under-mentioned things:
- Be sure that you have properly connected all the cables including the USB cable.
- Make sure that the printer is connected to the Internet.
If everything seems OK, we still suggest you try the given things:
- Unplug the power cable. Wait for some moments and replug it.
- Reconnect the printer to the internet
- Restart the router
Still, dealing with the same error? Keep an eye on the following fixes:
Solution 2: Reset the Printing System
According to many users, sometimes resetting the printing system can troubleshoot the error. Hence, if the above solution doesn’t seem fruitful to you, we suggest you reset the printing system.
Keep in mind, resetting the printing system might remove all the scanner, fax, and printer settings. Hence, keep a backup first and then start the resetting process.
- Go to the upper-left corner of the Home screen and tap on the Apple icon. Instantly, lots of options will appear on the screen. From there, choose and tap on the System Preference window.
- Within the System Preference, drop-down and click on the Printers & Scanners option.
- The next thing that you have to do is to right-click on an empty area of the device list and choose Reset Printing System from the list of options.
- Tap on the OK button.
- If you are prompted to give a password, enter your current password as well as click on the OK button.
- Wait for the completion of the procedure. When finished, you need to click on the Add button. After that, choose your printer model and reinstall it.
Check the error status and if you are still unable to print anything, check out solution 3.
Solution 3: Power Reset the Printer
Sometimes, there might be temporary issues with the printer and as a result, you might experience the printer is Not Connected on Mac issue. In this situation, we suggest you power reset the printer. Here’s the tutorial:
- Remove the power cable from the printer while it is turned ON. After that, you need to disconnect all the connected cables from the printer.
- Further, press and keep holding the Power button for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable and the other cables.
Restart your printer and computer. See the error status.
Solution 4: Check Out Print Queue
This is one of the best solutions that you can try to fix the error. Many times, if a print queue spirals out of control, you might have to deal with the same issue. So:
- Go to the System Preference tab. Under here, scroll down and click on the Printers & Scanners option.
- On the next page, go to the left corner and select the printer you want to inspect.
- Click on the Open Print Queue option.
After that, you will be able to see all the current queued jobs for your printer. Now, in case you see a list of tasks, select each of the items and click on the X icon. Also, if you see an item is paused, select the paused task and then either choose the Start or Resume option.
Once you have successfully cleaned the print queue, restart your device and check if the error still persists or not.
Solution 5: Accessing Mac Os Printer Diagnostics
So, you have already applied the above four solutions and still see the printer is not connected Mac error message on the LED screen, right? Then we recommend you try this solution.
So, go to the upper-left corner of the Home screen first and click on the Start menu. From there, proceed to the System Preference tab. Use the drop-down arrow and click on the Printers & Scanners option.
Go to the left panel on the next window and choose the printer that you want to troubleshoot. Click on the Options & Supplies option.
It will open a new window containing several settings. Here, you will see the printer’s diagnostic option in an area labeled “ Diagnostics” or “ Utility”.
Solution 6: Update the Printer Driver
In case, you haven’t updated the printer driver for the longest time, you can experience the printer is not connected on Mac issue. In such circumstances, you have to update the printer driver. You can directly move to the official website of the printer. From there, download and install the printer driver to your device.
Alternatively, launch the App store first and choose Updates from the list of options. If an update is available your device will automatically update it to its most upgraded version.
Wait for a few moments and let the procedure complete. Once done, reboot your computer and restart your printer. Insert some blank page within the printer and try to print.
Solution 7: Restore Factory Settings
This is the last solution that you can try to solve the error. So, click on the Apple menu first and choose System Preference from the list of options. Under the System Preference tab, drop down and tap on the Printers & Scanners option. Within the Printers & Scanners window, right-click on anywhere and choose Reset Printing from the available options. If a confirmation message pops up on the LED screen, click on Yes.
Once done, reboot your device. We hope, after that the error will not irritate you anymore.
Many Mac users have reported that the printer is Not Connected to Mac. Fortunately, the issue is not so big and if you try the given solutions one after another, you can quickly fix the error on your own.