Comcast Cable Communications markets its service by using the name – Xfinity. From telephone service to the Internet and cable connection, it offers a lot of services to its users. Now, every user who uses their package gets a set-top box along with a remote.
But, despite being a popular service provider it is not free from random glitches. Several users often report that their Xfinity remote not working with box. If you are also struggling with the same issue, then performing a reset can be an ideal solution for you.
But, do you know how to reset Xfinity remote? If you are unaware of that, then this guide can help you a lot. You can go through the guide till the end to get some tricks that can help you to perform a reset on your Xfinity remote.
What Causes the ‘Xfinity Remote not Responding’ Issue?
‘Xfinity remote won’t work’ is a common issue and several tech-expert have investigated the reason behind it. This particular problem arises due to some general causes. Without having a basic understanding of the main nature of this issue, it’s become difficult to perform the troubleshooting hacks. However, some of the common cause behind this issue are as follows:
- Remote Program: After getting a new remote for your Xfinity box, the first thing, you will have to do is to program the remote with the box. Programming sets a connection between these two devices and makes the remote work. So, if there are any problems with the programming of the remote, then it becomes unable to work properly.
- Application or Device Problem: Sometimes, the device or the app can have a communication issue due to which, you can also face this problem.
- Dead Batteries: If the batteries of your remote go dead, then the remote will stop responding still if it is programmed properly with the TV.
- Physically Broken: If any hardware at the inside part of the remote has broken, then it also might be the reason behind this problem.
So, now you are aware of the common causes that might arise the issue and provoke you to perform Xfinity remote troubleshooting. Now, it’s time to check out the solutions to solve this problem.
How to Reset Xfinity Remote? [2 Easy Tricks]
Before going to perform the below methods, you can do some basic checking. You are advised to check the batteries of the remote to make sure that there are no problems with the batteries as well as the hardware of the remote. Moreover, you will also have to make sure that the remote is not broken. Afterward, you can go with the tricks described below:
Method 1: Programming and Resetting the Xfinity Remote
After purchasing a new remote for your Xfinity box, you will have to program it in order to make it work. Sometimes, service providers also provide you the remote by completing the programming work.
So, if the program is already done by the service provider and suddenly it stopped working – then you can perform a reset of the remote to make it work. There are different models of remote for different models of TV. Here, we provide the steps to perform reset for different models of remotes. So, you can perform the steps as follows:
For the XR 15 Remote:
If your XR15 remote not working, then you can perform a reset to make it work. Below are the steps that can help you to perform XR15 remote reset:
- First of all, Hold the I and Xfinity button both at the same time from the remote. As a result, you will see a code on the screen of your TV.
- Enter the code by using the remote and wait for a few seconds. Now, the TV will prompt you to verify the code.
- So, make sure that you have provided the correct code. Press the OK button from the remote in order to choose the Yes option.
- Afterward, your TV will start showing further steps about pressing any button or entering any code.
- Next, check the volume key of the remote to see whether it starts working. If you see that the ‘Xfinity Remote not Responding’ issue is fixed. Then, press the OK button.
- Finally, choose the ‘All Set’ option to complete the resetting procedure.
Sometimes, it may happen that your remote is already programmed or it is programmed with another TV. In that case, the above steps don’t work for you. So, you can apply the steps as follows:
- In the beginning, hold the A and D buttons simultaneously from the remote.
- After a few seconds, you will see that the light on your remote turns green.
- Once you see the green light, start pressing 9, 8, and 1 one after the other.
- Lastly, program the remote once again with your box.
For the XR 11 Remote:
If your Xfinity xr11 remote not working, then apply the below steps to perform a reset:
- First and foremost, press the Setup button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Once you see that the Red light of the remote turns into a Green color, you can release it.
- Thereafter, press the 9, 8, and 1 button one after the other from the remote.
- If it doesn’t respond, then you can press the 9, 9, and 1 button one after the other.
After completing the reset procedure, sometimes, you may also be required to reprogram the remote once again. Here are the steps you can perform to do that:
- First, press the Setup button and hold it until you see that the indicator of the remote becomes Green from Red.
- Thereafter, press the A button and hold it for a few seconds.
- Finally, complete the further reprogramming process by following the on-screen instructions.
If you are a user of the Xfinity XR2 remote, and struggling with ‘Xfinity XR2 remote not working’, then you can perform the same steps as mentioned for the XR 11 remote.
Method 2: Reset the Infinity Set-Top Box
If the above steps don’t help you to reset Comcast remote, then it might happen that there are some problems inside the Infinity set-top box. Besides, it also happens that the remote is not able to interact with your Xfinity set-top box. Therefore, to solve this problem, you can perform a reset of the set-top box. To do this, you can perform any one of the methods given below.
First of all, you can reset the Infinity set-top box by pressing and holding the Reset button. You can hold the button for a minimum of 4-6 seconds. After releasing the button the set-top box will complete the resetting process by itself.
Alternatively, you can also the Xfinity application in order to reset your Xfinity set-top box. For that, first, open the ‘Xfinity My Account’ app and then click on the Reset button.
It will reset the device within a few times. Now, ensure that you have performed a long reset on the application – not for a short time.
Now, you can check whether your remote starts working.
Sum up Things…
So, these are the probable ways that can help you to reset the Comcast remote. But, if you are using multiple set-top boxes with a single remote, then you might fail to get back the remote in a working state still after applying the above hacks. Attaching an Xfinity remote to more than once boxes can lead to several issues.
It’s always better to use only one set-top box with a single remote device. So, it is recommended to perform a factory reset of both the remote and set-top box by following the aforementioned methods. Afterward, pair the remote to only one set-top box to enjoy your favorite show in a glitch-less way.
We hope, after applying the above hacks in their mentioned order, you will definitely be able to get rid of this problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Pair the Xfinity Remote?
To join an Xfinity remote to your TV, first, press the Xfinity button. Hold it for at least 5 seconds until the LED indicator becomes Red from Green color. Thereafter, provide the pairing code by following the on-screen guidance. Once you complete the pairing process, set the power options, volume level, and another input control on your TV.
My Remote Can’t Change Channels. What to do?
When your remote is unable to change channels, press the CBL button. Next, tap on the channel ‘-’ or ‘+’ button in order to add the channel number. Once the spectrum receiver starts working in a proper way, you can utilize the front panel buttons to alter the channels.