Snapchat is a famous social media application utilized by several users throughout the globe. This application offers the most simple way to send a message through snaps. But recently, users have started facing some issues like ‘Snapchat could not refresh‘ while trying to send any message.
When this problem occurs, users can neither send nor receive any message through the Snapchat application. However, if you are also struggling with the same problem, you can glance at the rest of this post. Here, we are about to provide some of the simplest ways to mitigate this problem from its core. So, let’s start.
Ways to Troubleshoot Snapchat Not Refreshing
There are various reasons like problems with the internet connection, so much cache and data, outdated application, etc., that can arise the ‘Snapchat keeps saying could not refresh’ issue. However, you can perform the below hacks to solve your queries for How do you fix the could not refresh on Snapchat?
Troubleshoot 1: Reboot the Device
A simple restart can help you to solve a lot of issues. So, before performing any complicated solutions, you can try this one as your initial attempt. Rebooting the device will also reboot the Wi-Fi, mobile data, as well as Snapchat application – this should fix the issue. If it’s not, go through the other hacks provided below.
Troubleshoot 2: Check the Internet Connection
As Snapchat is a social media application, it has a lot of users. So you will need to check whether you have a strong internet connection, either of Wi-Fi or mobile data, to make the application function smoothly.
If you see a connectivity issue with your router device, turn the device off and reboot the connection. Hopefully, it should get rid of the problems. But, after doing this, if you are still facing the same problem, then it also might happen because of the limited range of your wireless router.
Therefore, to solve this problem, you can turn your smartphone’s mobile data on as it doesn’t have any boundaries. However, after applying this trick, if you are on the same problem, you can move on to the other ways described below.
Troubleshoot 3: Logout and Login to the Snapchat App
This problem also might occur because of a temporary communication or software glitch. To fix such issues, it’s a good approach to log out and then log in back to the Snapchat application. For that, perform the steps provided below:
- In the beginning, launch the Snapchat application and then look at the upper left pane of the screen. From there, tap on the User icon.
- After that, tap on the gear-shaped Settings button. Scroll down the page until you got the Logout option. Once you get that, tap on that.
- Once it opens the ‘Save the Login info’ window, tap on the No option. Next, tap on the Logout button to confirm your action.
After that, restart the smartphone and then launch the Snapchat app. Perform the login by utilizing the login credentials. Now, you can check whether the ‘Snapchat could not refresh‘ issue is resolved.
Troubleshoot 4: Clear the Data and Cache of the App
Like other apps, Snapchat also utilizes a cache to hoist up methods and enhance the user experience. If the app’s data or cache is misleading, it can trigger the ‘Snapchat could not refresh’ issue. In this situation, clearing the application’s data and cache can help you fix this issue. To do this, you can perform the steps as follows:
- First of all, launch the Snapchat application. Then, click on the User icon from the upper left pane of the display.
- Next, open the Setting of the device by tapping on the gear-shaped Settings icon. Scroll down the page and click on the ‘Clear Cache’ option.
- Check whether the Snapchat app starts working flawlessly. If it’s not, then log out from the Snapchat application by following the steps mentioned in the previous solution.
- Next, launch Settings once again and then tap on the ‘Application Manager’ or ‘Apps’ button. Look for the Snapchat option – once you get that, tap on it.
- After that, click on the ‘Force Stop’ option and then confirm your action by tapping on the Yes button. Next, tap on the Storage option from the next page.
- On the next page, tap on the ‘Clear Data’ and then the ‘Clear Cache’ option.
Finally, restart the device and then launch the Snapchat application to check whether the app started to operate properly. Else, you can reinstall the app to fix the issue.
Troubleshoot 5: Reinstall the Snapchat App
After trying all the above ways, if you are still struggling with the same problems, then you can reinstall the Snapchat app to get rid of the ‘Snapchat could not refresh’ issue. Moreover, if this issue is occurring due to the outdated apps’ problems, it can also help you solve that problem. To perform the reinstallation procedure, you can take a look at the steps mentioned below:
- Launch Settings of your smartphone and then tap on the Application or Apps Manager option.
- Afterward, click on the Snapchat button.
- On the next page, tap on the Uninstall button.
- Confirm your action by tapping on the Yes button.
Lastly, reboot the device and then open ‘Play Store.’ Search for the Snapchat app and once you get that, download and install the app to complete the reinstallation process. Now, you can check if Snapchat not refreshing is fixed.
- Effective Tips To Find An Email Address on Facebook
- Recover Instagram Messages in the Most Efficient Way
So, these are the ways to solve the ‘Snapchat could not refresh’ issue. Make sure that you have performed all the procedures above in their respective order to get the best and fast results. These solutions have already helped so many affected users – hopefully, these ways will also help you solve the problem independently.