Roblox is a famous gaming platform used by a lot of users throughout the globe. Despite a mostly used gaming platform, it is not free from technical glitches. One of those most common errors is Roblox error code 524.
When this error occurs, users might come across the error message “Not authorized to join this game” or “You do not have permission to join this game”. However, if you are also struggling with the same error, then nothing to worried about this.
Here in this guide, we are about to discuss some of the easiest and simplest ways to get rid of this issue. We have also mentioned some potential causes that are responsible to trigger the Roblox error 524. So, you are recommended to go through the guide described hereunder.
Know the Reasons Behind Error Code 524
There are numerous causes that are known to provoke this Roblox error code 524. Some of the probable reasons are discussed below:
- Roblox Server Issue: This Roblox error code 524 can occur in situations where the application is dealing with a public server problem that is stirring every map.
- Connectivity Problem: If you are utilizing a Level 3 ISP, then it’s feasible that your delicate ping is severe enough to trigger various errors with Roblox. This is even more convincing if you are encountering alike problems with other games.
- VIP Server Invitations are Disabled: This error can also occur because of the Privacy Setting that is hindering contact with VIP servers.
- Corrupted Registry Keys: If you are facing this error while performing the local installation of this game, then you might be trading with a few registry keys brought about by a faulty update.
- Your Account is Banned: If the Roblox error code 524 began arriving after you did something against the alliance standards, then you are either running at a permanent ban or at a room ban.
So, after being aware of the probable causes of error 524 Roblox, you can perform the solutions we are going to mention below.
Solutions to Fix Roblox Error Code 524
There are several ways that can be performed to mitigate the error code 524 Roblox. Here, we are going to cover some of them. You can start with the first one and perform all the solutions one-by-one to check which one can be beneficial for you:
Procedure 1: Check the Roblox Server
Roblox error code 524 can arise in situations where there are problems in the ongoing server of Roblox that is breaking the intact infrastructure. If you deem this situation might be appropriate, you can start by monitoring services such as IsTheServiceDown or DownDetector. Do your proper care and utilize these two services to examine whether other Roblox players are also facing this issue.
Sometimes, it also might happen that the Roblox is now running with a server problem that is completely beyond your control. If you have already tried to play a lot of diverse maps and the end outcome is the same error, then the only thing you can do is to wait for the manufacturer to resolve this issue.
On another hand, if the research above has shown no server issues, then you can move on to the several other repair strategies described below to fix Roblox error code 524.
Procedure 2: Utilizng a VPN
If you are struggling with the error code 524 on your computer and you always had issues like this while playing online games, then you might be running with some connectivity problems.
Some gamers that were also facing the same error have reported that the issue stopped prompting once they filtered the connection with the gaming server through a VPN.
This is typically efficient if you are utilizing a tier 3 ISP that is usually corrupt with managing a straight ping. If you consider this situation is appropriate, you should connect a VPN client and check whether that eases the connectivity issues.
To make these things simpler for you, we have enlisted a list of certain VPN clients that include a free version that you can install on any Windows version with ease. Here is a shortlist of VPN services that you should consider utilizing:
If you have previously attempted to utilize a VPN client and you still face the same problem, then you can try the other fixed stated below. On another hand, after installing a VPN client, if you see that the Roblox error code 524 still persists, then perform the next solution given below.
Procedure 3: Allow Invitations to VIP Servers
If you are facing this error code 524 Roblox only while trying to connect VIP servers, then it’s most probably due to a Privacy Setting of Roblox that is actually preventing you to join the VIP servers.
Although these settings are created to block gamers from inviting you to VIP servers, still it might also damage the ability of your account to connect a VIP server manually.
If this situation is appropriate, you will be capable to solve this error by accessing the Privacy settings of your computer and adjusting the default function for VIP servers. You can do this by following the steps provided below:
- First of all, launch the default web browser of your computer. Then, visit the official website of Roblox and then go to the Roblox Login page.
- Afterward, you will be prompted to insert your login credentials. Enter them in the appropriate field and then tap on the Login button to proceed.
- After completing the login procedure, you can tap on the gear-shaped Settings icon. You will find this Settings icon in the upper-right pane of the screen.
- On the next page, click on the Settings button once again. Thereafter, tap on the Privacy button by going to the vertical menu from the left pane of the screen.
- Next, scroll down the page until you get the ‘Other Settings’ tab. Then, change the drop-down menu linked with the ‘Who can invite me to private servers to Everyone’ option.
- After completing the modification process, save the changes by clicking on the Apply button.
Then, repeat the same process that was earlier creating the Roblox error code 524. If you see that the same problem is still disturbing you, then you can proceed to the next potential solution.
Procedure 4: Reinstall Roblox
After trying all the above solutions if you are still struggling with the Roblox error 524, then chances are you are getting this error due to a corrupted Roblox update. On some specific versions of Windows OS, this update ended up damaging some registry keys necessary for the installation of Roblox. This problem only occurs to them who are trying to launch Roblox by utilizing a desktop launcher.
There is a lot of affected gamers who were earlier struggling with the same error have confirmed that they succeeded to solve the issue by performing a reinstallation process of the game to force a registry key to refresh. You can also clear the Roblox folder to make sure that there is no damaged data is creating this error. If you are unaware of how to do this, then you can perform the steps as follows:
First of all, launch the Run Dialogue box by using the combination of the Win key and R from the keyboard. Then, enter “appwiz.cpl” in the input field. Hit Enter from the keyboard to move further. It will navigate you to the ‘Program and Features’ category.
Once it opens the ‘Programs and Features’ window, you will be able to see all the apps or programs installed on your computer. Scroll down the list of options to find out the Roblox installation program.
After getting the correct installation file, right-click on that. Then, hit Uninstall from the list of available options. Next, complete the uninstallation process by following the on-screen prompts. Once you complete the uninstallation process, restart the computer to apply the changes.
Thereafter, launch File Explorer and then go to the location “C:\Users\*Your Windows Username * \AppData\Local”. It will open the Roblox folder. Choose all the files inside the Roblox folder by pressing Ctrl and A altogether.
Choose everything and then right-click on a chosen item. Pick the Delete option from the list. As a result, it will clear all the leftover Roblox data that were left in the uninstallation process. After that, apply changes by rebooting the device once again.
Wait for a few seconds for the next startup in order to finish the process. Then, allow the system in order to delete the registry keys that are no longer utilize.
Now, launch the web browser installed on the system. Then, visit the official website of Roblox and then Sign in to your account by using the login credentials. Next, download the local version of Roblox once again.
Repeat the same procedure that was earlier creating the Roblox error code 524 and then check whether the error is troubleshot. If you see that the problem still persists, then use the UWP version of Roblox discussed in the next solution.
Procedure 5: Utilizing the UWP Version of Roblox
If you are facing the Roblox error code 524 on your Windows 10 computer, then you might be capable to solve this issue with the help of the UWP (Universal Windows Platform) version of Roblox. This solution is confirmed to work for a lot of users who were earlier struggling with the error code 524 Roblox. You can install the official UWP application of Roblox from the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 computer. Here are the steps you can perform in order to do this:
- In the beginning, access the official page of Roblox UWP. After that, tap on the GET button to start the downloading process.
Note: To do this, you can open Windows Store on your computer by searing for “roblox” utilizing the Start menu.
- After completing the downloading process, it will redirect you to the Microsoft Store window by itself.
- Next, open the UWP version of Roblox and then sign in to your account.
Now, you can check if the Roblox error code 524 is solved.
So, these 5 solutions are the probable ways to fix the Roblox error code 524. You can easily perform all the above ways without any requirements of technical knowledge. We hope it will also help you to solve this within a short span of time.