Windows 10 users often come across several errors or glitches – from the easiest one to the complicated one. Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting is one of the most common problems reported by a lot of users. There are various situations that can make the Logitech G930 headset disconnected.
Suppose you have purchased a brand new Logitech G930 headset and then installed the Logitech game software. Afterward, you connect it with your computer. Sometimes, the USB dongle will beep every few minutes and the sound is stopped. After a few seconds, the dongle starts to beep again, and then you will be able to hear the sound.
You may install the latest version of the headset on a regular basis. After using it a few times, it starts dropping the connection and never connected again. Sometimes, it can also keep connecting and disconnecting on the computer. These situations are quite disturbing, especially when you are a non-tech-savvy person.
If you are also struggling with the same problem, then you can go through the below section to get rid of this issue with ease.
Know the Reasons Why ‘Logitech G930 Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting’ Issue Arises
There are several reasons behind Logitech G930 connection issues. It becomes easier for someone to solve a problem after identifying the actual cause behind it. So, let’s have a look at the causes stated below:
- If your wireless devices like Wi-Fi or Bluetooth are interfering with the headset, then it may trigger this issue to arise.
- Sometimes, you may also face this issue due to the corrupted USB port. If the USB port of your computer is not capable to offer sufficient power, then you may face this issue.
- If there is any problem with the Logitech G930 driver, then it also might be the reason behind the Logitech G930 headset keeps disconnecting.
Now, you are aware of the probable causes why your Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting. So, now check the solutions described in the below section.
Easy Hacks to Solve Logitech G930 Keeps Disconnecting
These are some of the trusted methods that can be applied to fix this glitch. So, perform the solutions described below:
Fix 1: Connect the Headset to Another USB Port
Before going to perform any complicated solutions, you should have a try this test. If the Logitech G930 keeps losing connection again and again, then you can remove it from the USB port and connect it to another port.
If you are using a USB 3.0 port or a Blue USB port, then it’s better to attach it to the USB 2.0 port. Alternatively, if you are using the USB HUB, then you should try to attach the receiver of the headset straight to the USB port of the computer.
You will also need to make sure that the headset is charged fully. Ensure that you are connecting it to your computer by powering it off. If the LED indicator near the power switch is not blinking with a solid green color, then it indicates that the headset is off.
After doing this, you can check whether the problem is solved. Else, you can move on to the other solutions described below.
Fix 2: Update the Driver of the Logitech G930 Headset
Sometimes, Logitech G930 cuts out the connection due to the problems of its driver. So, you can uninstall the Logitech G930 driver once from your device and update it to the latest version. To do this, you can follow the steps given below:
How to Uninstall Logitech G930 Drivers?
- First of all, type “device manager” by going to the Start menu. Press the Enter key from the keyboard to open the Device Manager.
- Now, expand the ‘Sound, Video, and Game Controllers’ list in order to search for the ‘Logitech Headset G930’ option.
- Once you get that, right-click on it. Then, click on Uninstall from the list of options. Afterward, tap on the Uninstall button once again to confirm your action.
After uninstalling the driver, you will have to download the advanced version of the Logitech G930 drivers to solve the ‘Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting’ issue. It will allow the headset to work in a proper way.
How to Update the Drivers of Logitech G930 Headset?
If you want to perform the manual updating method, then first, visit the official website of Logitech. Then, go to the Download page. Search for the appropriate driver for your headset depending on your OS. Install that on the system by following the on-screen prompts.
You can perform the Automatic updating method – this is much more convenient. This method doesn’t need you to look for suitable drivers. But, for that, it is essential to have a driver booster installed on your computer.
After completing the updating process, you can test the headset to check if the ‘Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting’ issue is solved.
Fix 3: Roll Back to the Previous Version of the Driver
If the first two solutions fail to work, then you can roll back to the earlier version of the driver. Moreover, you can also try this solution if you have updated the new driver and it starts disconnecting the headset continually. So, to roll back the driver, you can apply the steps mentioned below:
- In the beginning, open the Device Manager by following the same procedure discussed in the previous solution.
- Thereafter, expand the ‘Audio Inputs and Outputs’ option. Then, locate the Logitech G930 headset.
- After getting that, right-click on it. Choose the ‘Properties’ option from the list.
- Next, click on the Driver button and then choose the ‘Roll Back Driver’ option to complete this procedure.
After applying the above steps, if you are still unable to roll back the driver to its earlier version, then you probably download the old driver version from the official website of Logitech. Now, you can check if the ‘Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting’ issue is fixed.
Fix 4: Disable the USB Root HUB Power Management
The Logitech G930 is a wireless headset – so, when the Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting, probably you require to reset the USB Root HUB as well as the general USB HUB Power Management. For that, you can take a look at the steps mentioned below:
- First and foremost, open the Device Manager on your computer.
- Then, search for the ‘Universal Serial Bus Controller’ option. Once you get that, click on it to expand. After that, click on the ‘USB Root Hub’ from the list.
- Thereafter, click on the Properties option and then tap on the ‘Power Management’ button.
- Now, untick the box that prompts the message “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
- Lastly, check the boxes for the power safe for the whole USB root hub and for the General USB Hub individually.
After doing this, check if the ‘Logitech G930 headset keeps disconnecting’ issue is solved. Else, you can deactivate the USB selective suspect settings of the headset.
Fix 5: Deactivate the Selective Suspend Settings of the USB
This problem also might be happened by the selective suspends power setting of the USB port of your computer. Deactivating this setting can help you to fix this problem. To disable the suspend setting of the USB, you can follow the direction given below:
- At first, open the Settings app by going to the Start menu. Then, move the cursor to the System category and click on it.
- Tap on the ‘Power & Sleep’ option and then select the ‘Additional Power Settings’ from the next page.
- Next, tap on the ‘Change Plan Settings’ option. On the next screen, you will get the ‘Change the advanced power settings’ option. Click on that.
- Locate the USB settings and tap on the ‘USB Selective suspend settings’ option. Then, drop down the text menu. Tap on the DISABLE button.
- After doing that, tap on the APPLY button and then click on the OK button to confirm the action.
Now, reconnect the headset to the system to check if the ‘Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting and reconnecting’ issue is resolved.
Time to Conclude
So, these 5 are the probable solutions that can help you to fix the ‘Logitech G930 keeps disconnecting’ issue. But, you will have to make sure that you have performed all the aforementioned solutions in their appropriate order. After trying all the above hacks, if you are still getting the same problem, then try changing the interval time to get rid of this issue. It has helped several users to fix this bug. We hope, it will also help you to solve this problem with ease.