ASUS motherboards come with RBG features that are extremely common in all of the high-end motherboards available in today’s tech market. It offers a controllable function of the RGB lights on the motherboard as well as also allows you to sync another LED strip connected to it.
Asus Aura is a renowned software available in Windows 10. It lets computer users personalize the RGB light and set them according to their individual preferences.
Since it was introduced newly, there are some problems faced by Asus users like Asus Aura has stopped working. This problem lets the user get into a non-responding state or sometimes it doesn’t open. It’s a common problem faced by most of the Asus users.
If you are also stuck with the same issue, then nothing to get worried about this. There are a lot of ways to get rid of this problem. Here, we are about to discuss some of the simplest solutions that can help you to fix this issue on your own.
Apart from this, here we also include some other points like – what causes the ‘Aura has stopped working’ issue and how to install Asus Aura that can help you to know about this software in detail. So, let’s take a look at the section discussed hereunder.
Possible Problems you might Face with Asus Aura Software
Asus sync is a great app that helps users to control the LED lighting of their computer. But, as we mentioned earlier, this application is not free from random glitches. You might face a lot of errors or issues with it. Some of the most common problems are given below:
- Asus Aura has stopped working
- Unable to open the Asus Aura sync application
- Buttons inside the Aura sync app are not working
- Aura sync application is incapable to sync with the RGB lighting of various components of your device
- Asus sync application is unable to detect the motherboard of the device
These are common problems often faced by Asus users. But, it’s extremely easy as well as simple to troubleshoot these issues with a few times. Keep going through this guide to know the reasons and solutions to get rid of this problem.
Know the Reasons Why Asus Aura Not Working
Before going to solve the ‘Aura sync not working’ issue, it is recommended to know the actual reasons behind it. Knowing the causes can also help you to know the problem in a better way. Then, it will be easier for you to solve this error in a short span of time. However, there are several reasons behind the ‘Aura has stopped working’ issue. Some of the most common causes are as follows:
- Corrupted Installation File: Most of the time, this problem triggered by the damaged or corrupted installation files of the system. It’s quite a common issue faced by several Asus users. Besides, incomplete installation of any file often conflicts with Aura and can cause this issue to arise.
- Conflicting with Other RGB Lighting Software: Sometimes, Aura sync becomes unable to work in a proper way when there is another RGB controlling software installed on your computer. Moreover, if you are using free antivirus software like Avast, then it can also cause this problem.
- Wrong Installation Path: Aura sync might fail to work or launch accurately if you have installed it from any custom installation path. Henceforth, it’s always recommended to download this file from a valid installation path.
- Fast Startup Feature of Windows: Windows 10 comes with a fast start-up feature that allows the computer to start up pretty fast. But, it has a few side effects also – you might face a problem with Aura sync when you keep this feature On. To ensure that you are struggling with this problem, you can check whether the IO shield of the motherboard is blinking with a red sign.
- Older Version of Aura Sync App: The previous version of the Aura sync application holds a lot of glitches. So, if you are still using that without upgrading it to the latest version, then it can also cause the ‘Asus Aura has stopped working’ issue.
- RGB/ARGB Strips Connected Inappropriately: If the RGB/ARGB headers are not attached in the accurate order, then it will be unable to sync with its application.
So, these are the probable reasons behind this problem. Now, it’s time to move on to the solutions discussed in the below section. So, let’s start.
Easy Hacks to Fix ‘Asus Aura has Stopped Working’ Issue
Asus has provided a lot of ways to troubleshoot this issue. Some of the simplest fixes are addressed below. You can perform any of them to get rid of this problem. Alternatively, you can also try one-by-one to check which one can be helpful for you:
Fix 1: Disable Fast Startup
The Fast Startup is a new in-built feature of Windows 10 that is responsible to lessen the boot time whenever you start up the system. Moreover, it holds the initial configuration of the system when it is turned Off.
So, when you boot the device again, it immediately brings the system state as well as boots up without taking so much time. It attempts to provide a feel of an ‘SSD’ when in actuality you have an HDD.
But, sometimes, this feature can cause several issues like Aura sync not working. So, you can try disabling this feature to solve this problem. For that, you can perform the steps mentioned below:
In the beginning, hit the Win key and R both at the same time from the keyboard. As a result, it will launch the Run command box on the screen. Then, type “control panel” in the input field and then tap on the OK button to proceed with the command.
As a result, it will navigate you to the Control Panel window. Go to the ‘View by’ option and click on its drop-down menu. Choose ‘Large icons’ and then navigate to the Power option.
Once the next window, go to the left pane of the screen and tap on the ‘Choose what the power buttons do’ option.
Next, you will get an option that needs admin permission. It is ‘Change Settings that are currently unavailable’. Hit on it. Afterward, go to the bottom of the window and then untick the box that prompts ‘Turn on fast startup’.
Tap on the Apply button in order to save the changes. Now, you can close the Control Panel window and then reboot the system once.
Once the system starts up, you can launch Aura to check whether the problem is fixed. Or, you can perform to the other troubleshooting hacks explained below.
Fix 2: Reinstall Asus Aura
If the above solution failed to solve the ‘Asus aura not detecting motherboard’ issue, then it might happen that the Fast Startup feature is not the cause behind this problem. Another way you can try is to reinstall the Aura software.
You can uninstall the Aura completely from the system and then replace it with the latest version. Installation files get damage all the time along with some temp data of the user in the form of configurations.
It’s always better to download an uninstaller for Aura in order to uninstall this software. Moreover, it will also ensure that there are no parts available of the Aura on your computer. Take a look at the below steps in order to do this:
First and foremost, download a free uninstallation tool from the internet. Store it on your preferred location and complete the installation process by following the on-screen guidance.
Afterward, right-click on the downloaded file and choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option from the list. Now, Asus Aura will be eliminated from the system along with all the temp files of this software.
Note: You will need administrator permission of your account in order to perform these steps.
Thereafter, shut down the system. Then, remove the power adapter from the CPU and ensure that all the other peripherals are plugged out.
Wait for a few seconds and keep pressing the Power button for a minimum of 40-50 seconds. Then, wait for 12-15 minutes before going to connect all the cables back to the system.
Next, visit the official website of Asus and then search for the appropriate Asus Aura depending on your OS. Click on the ‘Download Now’ button and then save the file to your desired location on the system.
Now, open the file you have downloaded recently. Then, install the Aura app on the system. You will have to ensure that you don’t have changed the default installation directory on the system. There were some cases where altering the installation directory made the installation file unusable.
Once you complete the installation file, restart the system and open Aura to check whether the ‘Asus aura not working’ issue still persists.
Note: If you see that the most advanced is not working on the system, then you can go ahead and download and install its previous version.
Alternative Ways to Reinstall Asus Aura
If the above steps don’t help you to reinstall the Asus Aura software, then you can perform the below steps in order to do that:
- First, go to the Start menu and then click on the gear-shaped Settings icon.
- Navigate to the Apps category. Here, you will get a list of all the programs installed on the system.
- Locate the below software from the list:
- 1st: AURA
- 2nd: AURA Service
- 3rd: GALAX GAMER RGB
- 4th: Patriot Viper RGB
- Once you get them, select them and click on the Uninstall button. Tap on the OK button from the confirmation box.
- After eliminating this software from the system, you can go to the directory ‘C:\Program Files (x86)’.
- Next, locate the ‘LightingService directory’ from the list. Select that and click on the Delete or Remove button in order to eliminate that from your computer.
- After doing this, you can install the Asus Aura once again on your computer. Once you complete the installation process, restart the system to save the changes.
Fix 3: Check RGB Headers
Most of the users are going through this guide by utilizing the additional LED on the ring of the device. This LED gets attached to the LED headers present on the motherboard of the ASUS device.
Moreover, there are two connectors that are attached to the strips (they hold LED strips and RGB fan strips). If you have not connected the RGB strips into the headers in a proper way, then you will see that the LED indicator is glowing and sometimes you might see that it is giving an idea that Aura is not working.
So, you will have to ensure that the strips are connected accurately to the headers. There is a specific way to attach the connectors to the headers. Besides, don’t use physical force while connecting the header as it may degrade the headers.
After checking the RGB header, you can check if the ‘Asus Aura has stopped working’ issue is resolved. If it still persists, then you can apply the next method provided below.
Fix 4: Uninstall Other RGB Programs
Asus Aura is also known to friction with other RGB software installed on the system that might include software like Cooler Master, Corsair, and so on. Since all of this software utilizes quite similar initial components, there might be a racing condition where most of the modules compete for the utilization of an outer resource.
So, you can solve the ‘Asus aura not working’ issue by uninstalling the other RGB software installed on your computer. For that, you can check the below steps:
- At first, launch the Run command box by using the combination of Win key and R.
- Then, click on the search bar of the Run dialog window and then type “appwiz.cpl”.
- Press the Enter key or click on the OK button to proceed.
- It will navigate you to the ‘Application Manager’ window.
- Next, locate the additional lighting programs installed on the system.
- Once you get them, select all of them and right-click on them.
- Pick the options Uninstall from the list.
- Lastly, tap on the OK button to confirm the action.
After completing the uninstallation process, you can exit from the ‘Application Manager’ window and then reboot the system to apply the changes you have done.
Once the system starts up, you can check whether the ‘Aura sync not working’ issue is still disturbing you or not. If no, then it’s Great. Else, you can unblock the AslO folder to get rid of the ‘Asus aura not detecting motherboard’ issue.
Fix 5: Unblock the AslO Folder
Unblocking the AslO folder can also help you to solve this error. For that, you can apply the steps as follows:
- First, you will have to uninstall the Asus Aura software by following the steps mentioned in Step 2.
- Navigate to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Io’. Now, you will see a lot of AsIO folders are available there.
- Select the first directory and right-click on that. Pick the Properties option from the menu.
- Next, tick the untick boxes and then click on the Apply button.
- Afterward, tap on the OK button to confirm the action.
- Repeat the same procedure for all the AsIO directories.
- After doing this, you can install Asus Aura once again on your computer.
Now, you can check if the problem is resolved.
How to Install Aura Sync?
If you are unaware of how to install Asus Aura software on your computer, then this section can help you to do that. It’s quite easy to do that. You can apply the below steps for that:
- First of all, you will have to unzip the lighting control file of Aura software. Then, open the file. There you will find the AXSP folder.
- Open the AXSP folder by clicking on that. Inside that folder, you will find 6-7 files are available there. The number of files completely depends on the version you are using.
- After doing this, you will have to perform the below steps:
- Select one of them and right-click on that.
- Pick the option Properties from the menu.
- Tick the box that prompts ‘Uncheck’.
- Next, click OK to apply the changes you have done recently.
- Now, it’s time to install the Asus Aura application from its ‘setup.exe’. For that, you can use your preferred settings.
- Lastly, try to run the Asus Aura application with admin privileges to make sure that it has installed properly.
Hopefully, these steps will definitely help you to solve your queries related to how to Install Aura Sync.
Sum up Things…
Now, it’s time to put an end to this guide. All of the steps mentioned in the above section are foolproof and also helped so many affected users to get rid of the ‘Asus Aura has stopped working’ issue. We hope it will also be beneficial for you to use this software without any glitch.