Discord Airpods Not Working is a common issue that millions of Discord users have experienced while communicating online. When that happens, you can hear others’ voices but they will be unable to hear your voice. Apart from this, you can’t even use some of the best features of Discord like Voice Changer.
Dealing with the same error? Then have a look at the guide as here we have highlighted some effective tactics that you can use to fix AirPods connectivity with Discord issue.
How to Connect AirPods to Discord PC?
Before we proceed further, let’s understand the ways to connect AirPods to Discord PC:
- The first thing that you have to do is to open the Setting section on your device. Under Settings, drop down and choose Device.
- A new window will appear on the screen. Here, go to the bottom and click on Bluetooth & Other Devices.
- Be sure that the toggle switch for Bluetooth is turned on.
- Proceed to the top of the page and tap on Add Bluetooth. Move to the Add a Device window and choose Bluetooth from the available options.
- Next, you have to put the Airpods in the case as well as open the lid.
- Further, hold the bottom of the back until the pulsing white light pops up.
- Again go to the Add a Device window and check the status.
- After that, you have to click on the Pair option followed by Connect.
- Reboot your device and re-open Discord. Connect a voice channel.
How to use AirPods on Discord Mobile?
Here’s how to use AirPods on Discord mobile:
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your mobile device. Enable Bluetooth and then open the AirPods case. After that, hold the rear button for a couple of seconds.
- It will open the initiate pairing mode.
- After that, you need to search for Bluetooth devices on your Android phone.
- Locate the AirPods name and after that, tap on the Pair option.
Solutions to Fix Airpods not Working with Discord Issue
Keep an eye on the under mention section and implement the given solutions one-by-one in order to solve the AirPods not working on Discord error.
Solution 1: Log Out and Restart Discord
This is the first solution you can try to solve the Airpods not working with the Discord issue. Many users find this solution fruitful to them. So, first, navigate to the bottom left Gear corner as well as tap on the User Settings option.
Under User Settings, you need to scroll down and tap on Log Out and you will successfully logged-out from Discord.
Wait for a couple of minutes and again log in with the login credentials.
Solution 2: Make Airpods the Default Audio Device
Another effective solution is that you can try to solve the Airpods on Discord issue. To implement the solution, check out the given directions:
- Navigate to the Taskbar first and then right-click on it.
- Choose Open Sound Settings from the list of options.
- Under here, drop down and click on the Sound Control Panel. From there, proceed to the Playback Recording tab and right-click on it.
- The next thing that you have to do is to right-click on the AirPods as well as set it as the default audio device.
Exit from the window and reboot your device. Relaunch Discord and check the error status.
Solution 3: Check the Sound Mixer
Sometimes, if the Discord software is muted on your computer, you can experience the Discord AirPods not working issue. In this situation, we suggest you check the sound mixer status. Here’s how to do so:
- First, navigate to the Windows Settings and locate Sound Mixer. Within the Sound Mixer tab, select In-App Volume and Device Preferences.
- From there, proceed to the Discord window.
- Be sure that the Software Volume is enabled.
Once finished, reboot your device and see if the discord AirPods not working issue still persists or not.
Solution 4: Set Input/Output Sound Settings as Default
Here’s how you can set the Input/Output Sound settings as the Default settings on Discord.
- At first, you need to launch Discord. Then go to the bottom left corner and click on the User Settings icon.
- Under APP Settings, proceed to the left panel and choose Video and Voice from the list of options.
- A new window will pops-up on the display. Under here, scroll down and click on Airpods.
Click on OK in order to save the changes. Are you still experiencing the same error? Try the next solution.
Solution 5: Allow Discord to Access the Microphone
If the above four solutions fail to solve the error, we suggest you be sure that the Discord can access the microphone.
For Mac Users:
If you are a Mac user, navigate to the top left corner of the screen and click on the Apple menu. Choose System Preferences from the available options. Instantly, a new window will appear on the screen. Under here, drop down and select the Security & Privacy tab. Further, click on Microphone.
A new window with a list of installed apps will appear on the LED screen. Mark the dialogue box beside the Discord app. It will allow Discord to access your microphone.
For Windows Computer:
If you are a Windows user, then proceed to Windows Settings first and choose Privacy from the available options. Go to the left-hand corner on the next window and select Microphone under App Permissions. Be sure to toggle on the switch within the Allow apps to access your microphone tab.
Reboot your device and see if the Discord Airpods not working issue is still there or not.
Solution 6: Change the Discord Server Region
Occasionally, the issue might not be related to the microphone and with the Discord server. In such circumstances, we suggest you change the Discord server region. For that, launch the Discord app on your device and open the Server settings.
In case, the app is not open automatically, you need to click on Overview and choose Server Region from the available options. Use the drop-down menu and select a different region. Tap on OK to save the changes.
Once done reboot your device and re-launch Discord. Check whether you are able to successfully communicate with the other person or not.
Solution 7: Disable Exclusive Mode (For Windows Only)
In order to disable the Exclusive mode, thoroughly check out the given steps:
- Navigate to the bottom-right corner of the display and choose Windows System Tray. Right-click on the speaker icon and select Open Sound Settings from the list of options.
- The next thing that you have to do is to choose the current microphone you are using and after that, tap on the Properties tab.
- From there, proceed to the Advanced tab and unmark the dialogue box beside the Exclusive Control checkbox. If a confirmation message appears on the screen, click on Yes to confirm the changes.
Close the window and reboot your device. Check if the microphone is working in Discord or not.
Solution 8: Select the Right Keyboard Shortcut
Bear in mind, that you need to select the right keyboard shortcut in the middle of the gaming session. Else, you might experience the same error. Hence, choose the right keyboard shortcut to avoid the error.
- First, open the Discord application and click on the User Settings icon. Proceed to the left panel and select the App Settings window. Under here, drop down and click on Voice & Video.
- A new window will appear on the screen. Here, navigate to the right side and click on the Input Mode section. Two options will pops-up on the display. These are, Push to Talk and Voice Activity. Mark the box beside the Push to Talk option.
- Now, navigate to the Shortcut window, and under here, you need to record a keybind as well as press the key you liked.
Keep in mind, that for that next time, when you want to use your microphone in Discord, you need to press that key.
Solution 9: Disable Service Quality on Discord
If all the above eight solutions fail to solve the error, we advise you temporarily disable the Service Quality on Discord. So, open the Discord app first and proceed to the User Settings window.
Within User Settings, drop-down and click on the App Settings section. A new window will pops-up on the screen. Here, move to the left panel and click on the Voice and Video option. Further, uncheck the dialogue box beside the Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority and turn it off. Once done, reboot your device and if the Discord Airpods still irritates you, have a glance at the next solution.
Solution 10: Upgrade Audio Drivers
Follow the given steps in order to upgrade the audio drivers and eradicate the error.
- Enter Device Manager within the Search Bar as well as press the Enter key. Click on the first search result to open the Device Manager window. Within Device Manager, locate Controller, Sound, and Video options.
- Right-click on it and choose Update driver from the available options.
When finished, close the window and reboot your device. Launch Discord and connect it with the server. If the microphone works smoothly, your job is over. Unfortunately, if not, try solution 11.
Solution 11: Run Discord as an Administrator
Sometimes, you have to run the Discord app as an administrator to solve the Discord AirPods Not Working issue. To implement the solution, log out from the Discord app first. The next thing that you have to do is to right-click on Discord’s shortcut and choose Run as Administrator from the available options. Check if the Push to Talk works or not. If yes, then the error will not irritate you anymore. However, if you are still experiencing the same error, don’t wait and get in touch with the Discord Support Team.
Bear in mind, that AirPods are a one-time investment. Hence, issues with AirPods will surely annoy you. Many users have reported that they often experience the Discord Airpods not Working issue. Fortunately, if you thoroughly check out the guide and implement the given solutions, you can fix the problem within a short time frame.
1. Can you use the AirPods as a Microphone for Talking on Discord?
Well, the answer is yes. Keep in mind, that AirPods come with in-build microphones that can be used with your device. So, you can configure the settings and use the AirPods as an input device on the computer Discord.
2. Is it possible to use Bluetooth Headphones on Discord?
Yes, it’s possible. You just have to pair the Bluetooth headset with the device. After pairing, Discord will be able to send audio signals via the headset.
3. Can you Use AirPods on Discord?
AirPods works with any Bluetooth device. Hence, you will be able to use AirPods on Discord.
4. Why Won’t Bluetooth Headphones Work on Discord?
If the audio input/output settings are not set correctly, your Bluetooth might stop working on Discord.