If you are unaware of how to calibrate gyroscope on your mobile device, then you can take a look at the guide described below. Here in this guide, we are about to provide some easy tips and tricks that can help you to set android gyroscope calibration on your own.
What is a Gyroscope Sensor?
The gyroscope sensor is nothing but an electronic device that is specifically created for your mobile device. It allows your mobile device to identify and estimate the rotational movement like collision and oblique orientation of any object. A gyroscope is an extremely advanced version of Accelerometers (utilized to define and estimate the linear motions). But, not every smartphone supports these advanced technologies due to the lack of gyroscope in them.
Requirements of Gyroscopes on Android Devices
As we know the AR (Augmented Reality) and VR (Virtual Reality) are now rising quite rapidly and also have become available to almost everyone now. A gyroscope is a device that makes it viable to know AR and VR on your mobile device.
As you know that sometimes the sensors of your mobile don’t work correctly and are not able to fulfill their fundamental duties. But, without this doesn’t mean that they need repair or they are broken. This is a sensor that just requires a recalibration. You can do this directly by using your mobile device. So, let’s see how to calibrate gyroscope on Android.
Easy Ways to Calibrate the Gyroscope on your Mobile Device
There are various ways to calibrate the gyroscope on your smartphone. Some of them are given below. So, perform the ways in the same order as they are described below:
Way 1: Utilizing the Hidden Menu
You can perform the gyroscope calibration on your mobile by using the hidden menu. For that, apply the steps as follows:
In the beginning, launch the dialer on your smartphone. Mostly. you can see the Dialer icon (a phone symbol) of your phone on the Home screen. Now, you will have to enter a unique code in your dialer in order to obtain the hidden system menu that allows you to recalibrate and test the gyroscope on your smartphone.
So, enter the unique code ‘*#0*#’ on the dialer. Once you enter this, it will open the diagnostic menu along with a few options. Find out the Sensor button from the list of available options. You will find this in the middle of your phone display. Once you get that, tap on it.
Afterward, keep your mobile device on a plane surface and then tap on the ‘Gyro Selftest’ option. As a result, it will calibrate gyroscope on android and show the status ‘PASS’ once finish.
After recalibration, you can tap on the Back button 2 times in order to get back to the Home screen.
In case you see ‘FAIL’ status instead of ‘PASS’, then there are some problems with your internal hardware. In that case, you can contact your carrier if the device is under warranty session for repair options. Before that, you can try the other ways provided below.
Way 2: Utilizing the Settings Manu
You can also perform gyroscope sensor calibration from the Settings menu. To perform the android gyroscope settings method, you can have a look at the steps stated below:
- First and foremost, launch the Settings menu on your smartphone. You will find the gear-shaped Settings icon in the App list on your smartphone.
- Next, tap on the Motion option under the Settings page.
- After that, scroll down the page until you get the ‘Advanced Settings’ option. Once you get this, tap on it.
- Hit on the ‘Gyroscope Calibration’ option. If you are unable to get this, then you can check this under the ‘Sensitivity Settings’ section.
- Lastly, set the device on a plane surface and then tap on the Calibrate button. Don’t move the device during the calibration process. Once the process is finished, it will show you a notification that says ‘Calibrated’.
If you face any problem applying these steps, then you can perform the next method explained below.
Way 3: Utilizing the Third-Party Application
If the above methods failed to calibrate the gyroscope on your smartphone, then you can use the third-party app to do this. To use this method, you can perform the steps mentioned below:
First of all, launch the Play Store on your mobile device. You will find this in the list of applications on your mobile device.
Now, you will have to download the free version of ‘Accelerometer Calibration’. To get the application you can perform the below steps:
- First, go to the search bar of the Play Store. Then, type “accelerometer calibration-free” in the search bar. Tap the search option from the keypad.
- Next, tap on the ‘Accelerometer Calibration Free by RedPi Apps’. This is a blue icon app along with a mobile device and several arrows inside).
- Check the details and then tap on the Install button to get this on your phone.
- Complete the on-screen guidance to give permission to the app to install on your device.
Once the app is installed on your device, open it. If you are still in the Play Store, then tap on the Open button near the upper pane of the screen. Otherwise, tap on the new blue icon with a smartphone inside the list of applications on your smartphone.
Next, tap on the OK button from the welcome screen of the app. Now, it will show you a few moving numbers at the upper pane of the display.
Finally, set your phone on a plane surface and then hit on the Calibrate button. It’s a green button you will see at the bottom of the display. Wait for a few seconds until you complete the calibration process. Once you complete the process successfully, it will show you a confirmation message.
So, these are the probable ways to calibrate gyroscope on your smartphone. All the ways are foolproof and can help you to solve all of your queries related to how to fix a gyroscope on android. Hopefully, it will definitely help you calibrate the gyroscope on your mobile device.
- Easy Ways to Download Embedded Video
- Effective Tricks To Record Video While Playing Music on Background
How do You Test a Gyroscope?
You can perform any of the aforementioned ways to test a gyroscope on your mobile device.