ASUS is considered one of the leading producers in the computing business. However, in recent times, many users have reported that the ASUS Laptop keyboard light not working. Following a survey, it was found that more than 80 percent of users experience the ASUS keyboard backlight not working issue.
Are you searching for the solution to the same error? Then, keep an eye on the guide as here we have come up with some easy steps that you can try to fix the issue.
Why is ASUS Laptop Keyboard Light not Working?
Here are some of the reasons why the ASUS keyboard not lighting up.
- Hardware Issues: Occasionally, the manufacturer’s hardware doesn’t sync properly with the OS. As a result, you might experience the ASUS Keyboard is not displaying the Backlight error.
- Error State: Sometimes, your device might be in an error state and as a result, you might have to deal with the ASUS Laptop Keyboard Backlight issues.
- Incorrect Drivers: If you haven’t installed the latest drivers on your device, the issue might irritate you.
- Installation File: Many times, if the installation file gets corrupted, you can experience the keyboard Backlight stopping working error.
Before we focus on how to fix the ASUS keyboard backlight not working issue, be sure that you have logged in as an administrator.
Fix ASUS Laptop Backlight Not Working with Some Easy Solutions
In the under mention section, we have highlighted some easy and effective solutions that you can try to solve the ASUS laptop keyboard light is not working issue.
Solution 1: Run Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter
This is the first solution that you can try to fix the RGB not working issue. Bear in mind, that if you run the Hardware & Device troubleshooter, it will thoroughly check every hardware component one by one. Follow the given steps to implement the solution:
- At first, you have to simultaneously press the Windows and R keys to open the Run dialogue box. Enter, “control.exc” within the Run box and press the Enter key.
- Instantly, lots of options will appear on the LED screen. Click on the first search result to open the Control Panel window.
- Go to the top-right corner and tap on View By. Choose Large Icons from the list of options.
- Further, click on Troubleshooting. Then navigate to the left side of the window and again click on the View All option. After that, you will see the available troubleshooting packs.
- Choose Hardware & Devices from the list of options and click on it.
- A new window will pops-up on the display. Click on Next.
After that, Windows will start scanning all the current issues with your hardware. Click on Yes and your computer will automatically fix the issues.
When finished, reboot your device and see if the ASUS laptop keyboard Backlight issues still persist or not.
Solution 2: Power Cycle Your Device
This is another effective solution that you can try to solve the error. Thoroughly check out the given steps to implement the solution.
- Shut down your device first and then unplug the power cable from the socket.
- Carefully, remove the battery from the laptop. Keep holding the Power button for at least 10-15 seconds.
- Release the Power button and wait for at least 2 minutes. Plugin everything and see the error status.
Solution 3: Manually Reinstall the Keyboard Driver
So, you have already applied the above two solutions and none of them works for you, right? Then we advise you manually reinstall the keyboard driver. Here’s how to do so:
- Move to the official website of ASUS. Type your laptop’s model number within the specific field.
- Now, once you have entered the OS, a new page with all the recommended drivers will appear on the display. Proceed to the bottom until you see the following drivers, Touchpad/Keyboard, Smart Gesture, ATK, and Hotfix.
- The next thing that you have to do is to download each utility. After that, right-click on each of the utilities and choose Run as Administrator from the list of options.
Once you are done with the installing procedure, restart your device and see if the ASUS laptop keyboard light not working issue still persists or not.
Solution 4: Execute Hcontrol.exe
Hcontrol.exe is used to manage all the hotkeys on the ASUS laptop. However, it’s also used to manage other modules, including the backlight. Most of the time, it will execute automatically. However, if it’s not executed automatically, you should manually execute it. Here’s the tutorial:
- The first thing that you have to do is to simultaneously press the Windows and E keys in order to open the File Explorer window. After that, navigate to the following path:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey”
- Now, if you have stored the program files in another location, then enter “ hcontrol.exe” within the Search box and double-click on it to execute.
Wait for a couple of minutes and see can you operate your ASUS laptop normally or not.
Solution 5: Reset your ASUS Laptop
If all the above solutions fail to bring the required result for you, we recommend you reset your ASUS laptop. To implement the solution:
- Go to the bottom left corner of the Home screen and then hold the Shift key for a couple of seconds.
- Keep holding the Shift key and click on the Restart option.
- The next thing that you have to do is to tap on the Remove Everything option.
- Your computer will reboot automatically and then click on the Remove My Files option.
- Finally, click on the Reset button. Restart your device to save the changes. We hope, after that, the ASUS laptop keyboard light not working issue will not irritate you anymore.
In today’s era, the ASUS laptop is one of the best laptops available in the market. However, many ASUS users have reported that often they experience ASUS laptop keyboard light not working issues while operating your laptop. Fortunately, if you thoroughly apply the given solution, you can solve the issue on your own within a flicker of time.
1. What to do if ASUS Keyboard Backlight not Working?
Open the BIOS section first and make sure that the keyboard backlight option is enabled. Use the drop-down menu and choose Keyboard illumination from the list of options. Remember that, if your device doesn’t have keyboard illumination, you will not be able to use the keyboard backlight.
2. What is the procedure for Resetting the Keyboard?
First, you have to make sure that the keyboard is switched off. Hold down the Esc keys for a couple of seconds. After that, release the Esc key. You have successfully reset the keyboard.