The ASRock Polychrome RGB software gives you complete control over RGB illuminations. Besides, through this software, you can sync as well as customize the RGB components. It also allows you to include lighting effects in the RGB components, like Cram, Water, Rainbow, Strobe, and so on.
However, many users have complained that ASRock polychrome sync RGB not working. Are you one of those who experienced the same error? Then check out the guide till the end.
What Causes ASRock RGB Utility Doesn’t Work Issue?
Bear in mind, that AsRock Polychrome Sync is manufactured with consideration, creative as well as it’s cost-effective. However, not everything is perfect. Many users have reported that they often experience the ASRock Polychrome Sync Not detecting devices issue. Following are some of the common reasons behind the occurrence of the issue.
- Most of the time, if you use other motherboards besides ASRock, you might have to deal with the ASRock Polychrome Sync access violation.
- If you haven’t updated your device for the longest time, ASRock Polychrome Sync Software might irritate you.
- If you have installed incorrect software on your device, the error might irritate you.
Common Errors Faced by the Users
If the ASRock Polychrome RGB not working, you might experience the following errors:
- An error message Access Denied or Access Violation at Address will pop up on the display.
- You will see ASRock Polychrome Error 0xfffc on the LED screen.
- An error message saying “ This Utility Is Not For This Platform” constantly pops up on the display.
- Occasionally, the ASRock Polychrome RGB software freezes your device and as a result, your device might stop working.
Now, coming back to the topic and understanding the possible fixes of the ASRock Polychrome Sync Software issue.
Before You Start
Before we proceed further, you must check out the given steps:
- Be sure that the PSU you are currently using is good enough to light the ASRock Polychrome RGB.
- Go to the official page of the ASRock Polychrome RGB and from there download the latest version of RGB.
- Be sure that the motherboard and other components are compatible with the ASRock Polychrome sync software.
- Properly plug in the RGB Headers into the motherboard.
Let’s have a look at the possible fixes for the ASRock Polychrome RGB not working error.
1. Solve ASRock Polychrome RGB Not Detecting Devices
If the RGB components are not set correctly, you might have to deal with the same error. Hence, the first thing that you have to do is to ensure that all the RGB components are connected in place. However, if the issue still persists, check out the following points:
- Open the Control Panel window first. Under here, drop down and select the ASRock Polychrome RGB option. Right-click on it and choose to uninstall from the list of options.
- Navigate to the C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder and after that remove the ASRock Utility file.
- Go to the official website of the ASRock Polychrome RGB and download the most upgraded version to your device.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and let the process complete. When finished, install the software as well as reboot your device.
- The next thing that you have to do is to run ASRock Polychrome RGB as administrator.
- Make the way to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\.
- After that, you have to flash the firmware. For that, you have to tap on the WriteFW.BAT option.
After that, the issue should be fixed. However, you must cross-check whether the computer components are compatible with the RGB software or not.
2. Solve ASRock Polychrome RGB Motherboard Errors
Now, when you have placed all the components correctly, it’s time to fix the RGB motherboard errors. Here’s the tutorial:
The first thing that you have to do is to download and install the ASRock Polychrome RGB application with the default settings. Next, you have to open the Run Dialogue box. For that, simultaneously press the Windows and R keys.
Enter “ cmd” within the given field as well as hit the Enter key to open the Command Prompt window.
Within the Command Prompt window, type the following commands and hit the Enter key. “cd C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\.”.
Execute the following commands in the same way:
Close the Command Prompt window. Simultaneously, press the Shift, Ctrl, and Esc keys to open the Task Manager window. Under Task Manager, scroll down and click on the Startup Tab.
Under here, you have to enable the Polychrome Sync as well as disable other RGB applications. Further, run ASRock Polychrome RGB as an administrator. See if you are able to solve the ASRock Polychrome RGB not working error or not.
Change Color in ASRock Polychrome RGB
We hope till now you understand the possible fixes of the ASRock Polychrome RGB not working error. Now, it’s time to change the color in the ASRock Polychrome RGB for a better experience. Follow the steps to change color in RGB:
- The first thing that you have to do is to choose your preferable peripheral and change the RGB settings.
- Furthermore, you have to choose the specific RGB component.
- Now, according to your preference, you can drag the color wheel and change the saturation. On top of this, you can slightly drag the RGB sliders and change the RGB values.
- Go to the bottom right corner of the next page and toggle the switch in order to enable or disable the LEDs.
- Besides, you can change the lighting effects and styles through the drop-down menu.
Finally, click on the Apply button and reboot your device in order to save the changes.
In recent days, ASRock is one of the best hardware manufacturers available in the market. However, it’s mainly famous for the RGB components, and in order to control the RGB components, ASRock introduced Polychrome RGB. However, many users have reported that often they experience the ASRock Polychrome RGB not working issue. If you are dealing with the same error, then check out the guide and implement the solutions to fix the issue within a short time frame.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is Polychrome Sync not Detecting any Device?
If the ASRock Polychrome is not compatible with your device. As a result, you might have to deal with the error.
2. What is ASRock Utility?
The ASRock Polychrome Sync or ASRock Utility software is introduced to give you total control over the RGB components.
3. Does ASRock Support RGB?
Well, the answer is Yes. ASRock comes with a wide range of RGB compatible products.
4. What is Access Violation at Address 000000FF. Read of Address 000000FF Error?
When the RGB software is unable to connect with the PC components, you will see an error message saying “ Access Violation at Address 000000FF. Read of Address 000000FF Error” on the LED screen.
5. How to Troubleshoot Access Violation Error on ASRock Motherboard Error?
In order to solve the error, you need to find the Utility app folder and after that, set its settings as default.
6. How to Reset ASRock Polychrome RGB?
You can quickly reset the ASRock Polychrome Sync Settings by removing the data from the
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Conf folder.